Sunday, 24 January 2016

Things to come - historical fiction

Just in case my blog followers think I haven't been reading anything recently - far from it. Here's a brief update on what I have been and soon will be reading. Theres a little glut of wonderful historical fiction due for publication soon.

I'm delighted to have been invited to take part in the blog tour for The Ballroom by Anna Hope, a heart rending story of unlikely love in a an asylum on the Yorkshire moors and am keeping my review under wraps until 9th February.





I've just finished reading  The English Girl by Katherine Webb another stunning offering of travel and romance set in Arabia in the 1950s and 1920s. Due for publication in March that's when my full review will be on here.



and now I've just begun to read At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier set in The Black Swamp and Goldrush California in the mid 19th century.




and waving at me from my bedside table crying "read me" is the beautiful sounding and handsome looking Song of the Sea Maid by Rebecca Mascull. Also in the 18th century another story of a feisty heroine making her way in the world with travel to Portugal. Out in Paperback on 11th February, This looks like another one to watch for and my review should coincide nicely with publication.




I'm off back to the Black Swamp now folks. Don't miss my full reviews at later dates, follow my blog now for regular updates.

1 comment:

Liked a review? Please add a comment I love to hear from readers.