Monday, 31 March 2014

The Accident - C. L. Taylor



Fabulous read ... as tense a page turner as I've ever read.
The recent popularity of Gone Girl by gillian Flynn and similar titles have spawned a glut of books describing themselves as tense psychological thrillers, and sadly not all of them quite make the mark. However this one ticks ALL the boxes and really blew me away.

It's the story of Sue who's teenage daughter Charlotte lies in a coma after an accident, one which Sue's convinced was more than accidental. As she seeks to unravel events leading up to Charlottes hospitalization, we are taken back 20 years to when Sue herself was young and in love with a guy who we soon realise isn't as perfect as he would at first seem to be. The 2 stories twist and turn together and what emerges is a story you just won't be able to put down.

It's superbly written, had me gripping the edge of my seat and gnawing the inside of my mouth. You won't know whether to trust everything Sue tells us, you'll begin to doubt her reliability as a narrator, but you will just have to keep on reading to find out the awful truths in this gripping and haunting novel. I was fortunate to receive an advance copy from Netgalley and am delighted that it was even better than I hoped and I'm certain it will be a huge hit with anyone, like me who likes their fiction to leave them shaken and wowed.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm starting to hear murmurings about this one from many camps and it sounds like it packs a real punch, very twisty, I would certainly like to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Liked a review? Please add a comment I love to hear from readers.