Monday, 28 November 2011

Before I go to sleep SJ Watson

Before I Go to SleepBefore I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Christine wakes up in a strange bed next to a man she can't remember seeing before, as she's only a young woman she thinks she must have had a skinful and ended up so drunk she's ended up in bed with a stranger and is having a blackout. Until she gets up, makes her way to the bathroom and sees a middle aged woman in the mirror instead of the 20 something face she is expecting ...

Welcome to the twilight world of amnesiac Christine to whom every day, waking up brings shocks and confusion. Almost 20 years of her life have been wiped from her memory following a traumatic event she can't even recall - and to make things worse, she's unable to retain any new memories, as what happens to her every new day is completely blotted out as soon as she goes to sleep and on awakening the mystery and puzzlement begin all over again.

This was a very unique and gripping thriller, the author has put a lot of thought into it and managed to keep introducing twists and raising unexpected gasps from me.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys psychological chillers that keep you guessing.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Jaffa and I loved reading this book - it will be in our top ten reads of 2011.

    There is an award waiting for you if you visit our blog ....http://jaffareadstoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Liked a review? Please add a comment I love to hear from readers.