The Midwifes confession by Diane Chamberlain

The Midwife's Confession (MIRA)The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was fortunate to receive a pre publication copy of this wonderful book to review from Netgalley

In this page turner of a book we are drawn into the lives of three friends, Noelle the Midwife of the title, Tara recently widowed and battling to gain a closeness with her Teenage daughter Grace, and Emerson, mother of Graces closest friend Jennifer.

The three women have been devoted friends since college and secrets gradually being revealed threaten to blow apart their friendship and loyalty. Its a powerful look at womens friendship, relationships and secrtes and the dangers of keeping things hidden.

There are quite a lot of characters to get to grips with but they are all beautifully constructed and the book jumps about in time back and forth from the present day to the womens past, however the author does this so seamlessly the story flows deliciously and makes you want to keep on reading.

It leaves you wondering how an author can convey such strong emotions with mere words, and create so many twists and turns throughout the book that the storyline never ceases to surprise.

This is just the second book I've read by this author but it won't be the last I will be working my way through her back catalogue and awaiting more titles.

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Hi Jan,
    I have never heard of this author before but thanks to your review I will now look out for her name in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I will keep an eye out for this one Jan, great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, I love stories with midwives in!! (I thought about becoming a midwife once or twice!) Also, you mention in your introduction that you enjoy dual timeline books, I do too, and I wondered what your recommendations for this type of novel would be? Thanks,x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked a review? Please add a comment I love to hear from readers.

Popular Posts