Saturday, 20 November 2010

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

SisterSister by Rosamund Lupton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked the story of this tense thriller and the characters were very well created.



Beatrice is living in the USA planning to marry her boyfriend and life is going well for her, when she recieves a phone call to tell her her younger sister Tess has gone missing.

Immersed into Tess's art student life, she moves into her rather seedy flat and begins her own investigations as to what might have happened to her beloved little sis.

But things have a way of sucking you in and she soon becomes embroiled in Tess's life suspecting various people of having been involved in her disappearance and as she discovers more, things take a nasty and more sinister turn.

I found parts of the story very harrowing and upsetting and it was a generally quite depressing and sad book.

My main gripe may not be a general one - my copy was very badly edited and there were lots of glaring grammatical errors which really didn't make for easy reading.

I liked it and it kept my interest going and there are a few real unpredictable twists.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This is on my wishlist and although you have mentioned it as harrowing and upsetting in places I think I will still read this if it comes my way.

    ReplyDelete

Liked a review? Please add a comment I love to hear from readers.