The girl with glass feet by Ali Shaw

The Girl with Glass FeetThe Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I found this book haunting, unique and almost unbearably bleak.

It was less of a fairy story/fantasy than I expected, set almost in our world but where inexplicable and fantastic things happen for which there are no real explanation.

As unbelievable most of the creatures and things happening to characters are, I found it extremely easy to want to hold a tiny moth winged cow on my shoulder and shuddered at the thought of no longer feeling my feet if they turned to glass.

Special and thought provoking but with few explanations - I did expect more of a revelation at the end but perhaps some things are best left unsaid.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts